The Best of Call Me Sassafras in 2014

| On
December 23, 2014

Well it's been a big year! (But then again, aren't they all?!) Call Me Sassafras is just over a year and a half old and it has been such an exciting hobby of mine. In 2014, I wrote 134 posts (so far! I'm not done yet ;) even with the few weeks I took off this fall. Let's recap a little, shall we? (Or you can read the Best of 2013.)

In January, I wrote one of my very first productivity posts ever--4 ways to have a productive day off. It was something I had never considered writing about, but as soon as I started, I knew it'd be a regular topic on the blog. I also listened to a whole lot of Elvis, shared how to make a better playlist in iTunes, and shared some of my favorite design work

In February, I shared some of my all time favorite productivity apps. I don't share tutorials very often, but making patterned text in Photoshop is such a quick and easy skill so I wrote about that. I also started practicing gratitude journaling and I shared 10 prompts for easy gratitude journaling. I also shared one of my most popular posts ever, Easy Peasy SEO Tips for Blogger.

In March and April, I wrote more about starting a journaling habit and then shared where I find my inspiration for blog posts. Aaand, I posted just a little bit about science, my true love ;) It was pretty quiet around here in May, but I did have time to share another tutorial on creating an ikat pattern in photoshop. 

In June, I shared a little about my morning routine in the summer and some thoughts about fitting into a blogging niche. I also shared my top ten resources for free, high quality fonts. In July, I designed the first edition of the color files, a series (that I'll be picking pack up soon!) that explores color. And in case you've never tried, here's an easy way to make a font from your own handwriting!

August brought my favorite podcast for music fans and a few thoughts on supporting other bloggers. In September, I took a break from blogging + came back with the newly branded Call Me Sassafras. This was loads of fun for me and I feel way more at home in this space now that I've adjusted my plans + goals for this space.

In November, I got a little more settled into the new groove and started the new weekly series Curated Weekly, where I share my favorite links, music, inspiration and goals from the week. I also shared a couple posts that I'm really proud of, like 5 ways to kickstart an unproductive day and a couple more entertaining podcasts you should listen to.

And now December. It's not over quite yet, but I shared my favorite apps for beginner meditation and a video that seriously changed the way I view stress.

The more I review this past year, the more thankful I am for the blog community and all the people who have helped me build this space. Among the most important people that worked with me to create the new Call Me Sassafras are Amber from Ember & March and my boyfriend H. But of course there were so many more!

If you'd like to follow along with Call Me Sassafras for another fun year, I'd love if you'd join me on bloglovin or elsewhere on your favorite social media (my links are in the right sidebar!).

What was your favorite part of 2014? If you've written a recap post for your blog, let me know so I can read it :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature