Curated Weekly / 7

| On
December 26, 2014

What a wonderful, whirlwind of a week! Two hours after I published the Curated post last week, I went in for my wisdom tooth removal surgery + successfully got all four removed. I've been anxious about it, I kid you not, for almost a year and I'm so glad to have it done with. Compared to what I was expecting, it was a breeze. I don't remember anything until I got home + then I felt totally mentally alert, which was great since I was dreading the uncertainty of coming off anesthesia. I actually (tried to) do a sudoku as soon as I got home! I didn't get that far though haha!

So mentally, the recovery was great, but the pain is still here though I've weaned myself off the medication. A big thank you to all of you for being patient while I went MIA. :)

Other than that, it was just a normal, happy Christmas. My grandmother always spends it at our house + it's nice to have all the siblings back together. We play card games and bake and eat so much sugar, it's ridiculous. 

Early early early this morning (this post is scheduled), my family left for Michigan where we have family and friends. I'll be there for the next week, spending time with friends and hopefully seeing some snow before I go back to Florida for classes. What's going on in your world?

+ How to build a capsule wardrobe--have any of you tried this?
+ A 10-minute workout that's totally doable (even on Christmas...not that I did it)


Okay, I'm sorryyyy, but I have more Christmasish music. I've been finding some sort of eclectic holiday/wintery songs and I just don't want them to end. I mean, these are mostly winter-themed so I still think it's okay. My favorite on this playlist is the first song--Blood Oranges in the Snow by Over the Rhine. But the new rendition of Auld Lang Syne is really beautiful and festive sounding too. In case you didn't know, Auld Lang Syne is actually traditionally a New Year's song, sung at midnight to say farewell to the past year. I never knew that! Thanks, Wikipedia. Anyways, listen to the playlist.


I've just begun it, but I'm inspired by a book that my mom gave me called The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. It's a Christian book, but I seriously recommend it to anyone regardless of faith. Like I said, I've only just started reading the book, but the general premise is that our culture today glorifies being busy and "doing it all" but when we say yes to everything--even good things--we aren't able to say yes to the best things. I'll talk way more about this in the future, I can already tell. But as a lover of busyness, it's a lesson I'm seriously thinking on. 

A week from today, I will be seriously in the throes of preparing for the semester--revising my schedule, ordering textbooks, packing my life into two suitcases. Between now and then, my goal is to seriously relax, but also look forward to the semester. I'm taking on a lot of new things this semester, from a big research project, to working on my fitness instructor certification, to a BIG announcement coming in the next few weeks, not to mention tough classes (omg genetics)!. I want to set plans for how I'll manage it all + do some serious work on getting what I can done now so that I'm less stressed once classes start.

Oh, and I'm only halfway through one book of my two book goal for the Christmas break. Poop. 

Relax. Plan. Read. (Doesn't sound half bad!)

What does your upcoming week contain?! I hope your Christmas (or just the day, if you don't celebrate it) was lovely!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature