Recently Read

| On
June 24, 2015


Well I haven't written one of these in approximately forever! Really though, it's because my reading habit has seriously struggled in the last year or so. But thankfully, with all the traveling that I've been doing lately, I've had tons of time in planes or cars to sit around and read. Yay for that!


The 13.5 Lives of Captain Bluebear

This totally isn't a new book to me and it's actually a children's book even though it's 700+ pages. I read it for the first time when I was 11 or 12 and I make a point to reread it every two or three years just because I love it so much. 

The book details the life of a blue bear (surprise, his name is Bluebear) through a make-believe world. It's really just such a weird, crazy imaginative book and it's plain delightful to read. It's full of stories about pirates who are six inches tall, living inside a giant's brain, a town inside a tornado and the city of Atlantis. I can't recommend this book enough!

Obviously, 5/5 stars. Read it.

Find it on Goodreads.

Shopaholic to the Stars

Total chick lit, I know. So this book is part of a series about Becky Bloomwood Brandon, a usually lovable shopaholic and all the antics she gets herself into. Usually, I love these books. They're easy to read, they're usually pretty funny and Becky is a fun character. I even really liked the movie, even though it was admittedly sort of dumb.

And this book wasn't really so bad, it just has a terrible ending (I won't spoil it!). Also Becky, is just selfish and childish throughout the whole book, and it's really hard to read a long book if you don't like the protagonist. But I still loved the earlier books so much that I'm holding out faith that the next one will be good.

My Rating: 2/5 stars.


That's all I've got for today! I'm working on another fun book (about cadavers! Totally not joking.) so hopefully I can do another one of these posts soon.

What have you been reading? Any all-time favorites that I need to read?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature