Bible Verses I Want to Memorize + An App to Help

| On
October 19, 2015

To be honest, memorizing Scripture is never something I've bothered to do. I've always admired people who can drop a Bible verse for any situation at the drop of a hat, but I've realized that kind of memorization takes intention. You can't just decide you want to have verses memorized and then brush off your hands and be done with it all. It seriously takes work, y'all!

But I'm really starting to believe in the value of memorizing Bible verses and I think it's such an important thing that I've been missing out on.

I've started using an app called Scripture Typer (iPhone/Android/just the website!) that helps me memorize Bible verses in my spare time. I'm trying to make a habit of using it whenever I'm waiting in line or early to class. In the app, you can enter in a verse, pick a translation and then go through the study plan. 


You practice reading it through while typing in the first letter of every word. Then, the app will remove some of the words and you have to come up with them and then at the end, you do your best to write the whole verse. I really like it!



I've started a little collection in the app of verses that I'd like to memorize in the future. Here are some that I've been thinking about! 

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matthew 6:33]

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. [Romans 12:9]

For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. [Psalm 33:4]

In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. [1 Peter 1:6]

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. [Psalm 27:14]

As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart [Proverb 27:19]

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. [Psalm 23]

Psalm 139 is my long-term goal but it's long so I won't post it here!


So I'm really interested to see how this journey goes. Like I said, I've never really memorized much Scripture + part of me thinks that I'll never be able to really commit much to memory long term. But we'll see!

I'd love to hear from y'all on this one. If you memorize verses, what do you memorize and do you have any specific methods? How do you keep from forgetting them over time??


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature