5 Mantras for Working Hard

| On
August 26, 2015
doing the work

I like to consider myself a hard worker. There are a lot of things I am not, but usually, I'm a pretty hard worker. I'm really motivated by success and seeing things turn out well when I spend effort on them. I love before and after pictures. I love change that comes from determination and perseverance.

But sometimes...I don't want to do the work--especially when it comes to working out sometimes. I want the results but not the work. I want instant success. When that happens, I really have to focus to make sure I keep working hard. 

One thing that I do sometimes is pick out a phrase or a saying and just repeat it to myself over and over and over till it becomes part of every breath and the only thought in my head. Here are a few mantras that I use:

My character is shown through my work ethic.

Choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

Nothing feels better than doing the work.

Pain now, pride later.

Inhale determination, exhale excuses.

Kind of cheesy, I know, but give them a try sometime! Next time you're on a run or even just trying to get through a crappy work shift, pick a mantra or make up your own and let it carry you until you're done.

What do you think? Are there any mantras you like for hard work and perseverance?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature