5 Steps to Your Best Morning Ever

| On
March 27, 2015


Get to bed early enough the night before! The best mornings start the night before. Try to plan for at least seven hours of sleep per night and plan your bedtime accordingly. I turn off all electronics 30 minutes before I want to be asleep just to allow plenty of time to get relaxed.

Practice getting up with your alarm. I'm reeeeally bad about pressing snooze three or four times before I actually get out of bed which probably annoys my roommate to no end (sorryyy Liv). But I've noticed that if I hop out of bed on the first buzz, I have more energy and motivation for the next couple hours. It definitely takes practice--I know I'm working on it myself!

Eat a healthy, rounded breakfast. Most importantly in my opinion, try to eat a good serving of protein in the form of lean sausage or peanut butter or greek yogurt. 

Do something difficult. This one's kind of crazy, but I'm serious! Researchers at the University of Nottingham found that our willpower is greatest in the morning. Think about what you could accomplish if you put that to good use! 

Start your morning with some stretches! I enjoy doing a couple yoga-inspired stretches in the morning to get my muscles warmed up for a long day. Keep reading for my 10-minute yoga routine to kickstart your day!
    First off, make sure you have a high-quality mat. I absolutely love this beautiful mat from Optimistic Elephant. It's super high-quality and really thick. This is really helpful if you ever have wrist pain doing yoga, like I do. Plus, the beautiful design makes me happy and that's always helpful in making my morning better.

    1. Start standing with your feet hip-width apart and reach above your head, leaning back.
    2. Swoop forward and hold opposite elbows allowing your jaw to slack and your head to hang.
    3. Walk your hands out to a plank position, keeping your body as straight as possible.
    4. Keeping your elbows as close to your sides as you can, bend at the elbows and come down to the ground, or hover if you can to complete the chaturanga.
    5. Swing your body forward into a cobra or upward facing dog pose, with your thighs on or off the ground, looking to the sky.




    6. Come back into plank and slide back into child's pose. Feel free to bring arms around to your feet.
    7. From plank, lift your hips into the air and come into downward dog, bending the legs one at a time for a stretch. Complete poses 3-7 as many times through as you'd like, flowing through at your own pace.
    8. From down dog, lift on leg into the air, keeping a straight line through the body and hips in line.
    9. Pull that leg forward and into your chest for a lunge.
    10. Step forward with the other leg and stand straight.

    Do you practice yoga? What does your morning routine look like?

    This post was brought to you by Optimistic Elephant, an etsy store full of inspiring yoga mats and accessories. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support Call Me Sassafras!

    Be First to Post Comment !
    Post a Comment

    EMOTICON
    Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
    Hide Emoticon
    Show Emoticon
    :D
     
    :)
     
    :h
     
    :a
     
    :e
     
    :f
     
    :p
     
    :v
     
    :i
     
    :j
     
    :k
     
    :(
     
    :c
     
    :n
     
    :z
     
    :g
     
    :q
     
    :r
     
    :s
    :t
     
    :o
     
    :x
     
    :w
     
    :m
     
    :y
     
    :b
     
    :1
     
    :2
     
    :3
     
    :4
     
    :5
    :6
     
    :7
     
    :8
     
    :9

    Custom Post Signature

    Custom Post  Signature